Our Green Scheme
GIL does not just offer customers quality products and services. It conducts business with a respect for the environment at every stage of its product cycle across all its plants. As a result, the company is committed to sustainable development.
Fostering Green Initiatives
- Installation of oil separation tanks to prevent oil mix and spills
- Monthly ETP test to check performance quality
- Rigorous compliance with a documented procedure
- Installation of plant to treat human wastes, treated to be used for gardening as manure
- The installation and maintenance of effective dust collectors at all dustgenerating points
- A bimonthly check of ambient and stack air by external agencies
- The commissioning of incinerators to remove unwanted particles and products
- The sale of solid wastes to authorized agents or for their use in land filling.
- The provision of acoustic enclosures to minimise noise levels from multifuel power generating sets and a bimonthly testing check
We Care for our Employees
The plants have adopted wide-ranging initiatives to protect the health of its employees. Some of the key initiatives adopted by the various plants include: